Tiger Oak Media is looking for a go-getting, fun-loving event planner to help create the experiences that bring Tiger Oak publications to life. The newest member of the events team will assist in planning, promoting and implementing high-profile events for publications such as Seattle magazine, Seattle Business Magazine and Seattle Bride. The successful candidate will assist with event logistics and marketing activities to produce and promote events such as the Seattle Wine and Food Experience, 100 Best Companies to Work for and Urban Unveiled. This is a fall/winter internship, part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week, with potential for more hours during “peak weeks” close to events.
Intern’s responsibilities would include:
- Assisting coordinating event logistics (venue research, vendor outreach, assist with vendor management)
- Assist in marketing strategy and social media execution to effectively promote events and generate ticket sales
- Formatting, printing and organizing materials, packing and mailing supplies, proofreading and checking information and other event logistics
- Utilizing our data system edit forums and input trade/ barter agreements in a timely manner
- Attending and participating in meetings and recording notes/follow-up items, as appropriate.
- Responding to requests for information, distributing materials externally to vendors and/or clients.
- Special projects (enter data, prepare documentation, logistic improvements, develop templates, etc.)
- Assisting Events Manager with on-site event support
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, possess exceptional writing and communications ability in English, and be tech-savvy
- Must also be a self-starter, able to multi-task, excel under pressure, and work independently with a geographically dispersed team
- Candidate should be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- 1 year of work experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to and willingness to travel to support events in the United States
This opportunity is unpaid but has potential to transfer into a part-time or full time role with one of Tiger Oak Media’s publications.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jasmine RaShae, Event Manager of Seattle Magazine/ Seattle Bride at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is also available to answer any questions you may have.