For more information contact: Shirley.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Seattle Business magazine Account Executive, Business Development role is to drive new B2B sales revenue through targeted prospecting, cold-calling, comprehensive client-needs-analyses, and consultative sales presentations to sell print, event sponsorships, and online & digital advertising to business customers.
- Develop and grow advertising revenue with a persistent drive to generate new business
- Build and maintain a healthy sales “funnel” by utilizing cold-calling, referral sources, database contacts, and creative lead generating techniques
- Schedule and conduct phone and outside sales meetings with qualified prospective clients
- Develop and nurture relationships in the business community through creating relationships with business owners and key decision makers to ensure success and repeat, long-standing business
- Attend local business events to network new business contacts and to build referral-partner network
- Employ excellent listening skills and strong curiosity to learn about your clients’ business objectives
- Create marketing campaigns utilizing the full platform of our marketing assets – focused on theirneeds to help them grow their business
- Exhibit proven ability to ask for the business, overcome objections, and reframe problems and solutions
- Close business and execute the client campaign as agreed upon
- Achieve monthly and annual sales objectives including sales revenue goals
- Leverage MagazineManager CRM tool to maintain an accurate pipeline and forecast
- Maintain regular customer contact through efficient time management skills
- Attend sales meetings and Seattle Businessmagazine events
- Perform all tasks with integrity
Why should you join our sales team at Seattle Business magazine?
- You’ll be able to customize effective multi-platform advertising solutions for your clients including print, event sponsorship, online and digital assets
- We provide our sales people with the launching resources they need so they can focus on being successful and can build sales momentum
- You have the opportunity to bring comprehensive marketing campaigns to life that make a difference for your clients and their business
- You will be surrounded by other collaborative, high energy, creative people who care deeply about providing great solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of sales experience managing a full sales cycle.
- Track record of overachieving targets in a market-leading business-to-business sales organization.
- Experience with value-based and consultative selling.
- Outside, face-to-face sales experience.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture C-level relationships.
Seniority Level: Entry/Mid level